Dear C3 community – join our PIT@CUNY partners BetaNYC for exciting Open Data Week events – see below for details.  Please tell your students!

Best regards,

Josh

Dear Neighbors,

Help us create open data about communities! North Brooklyn Parks Alliance (NBK Parks), Assembly Member Emily Gallagher, Senator Kristen Gonzalez, City Council Member Jen Gutiérrez, City Council Member Lincoln Restler, and BetaNYC invite you to map McCarren Park and learn about our Mapping for Equity project.

We invite you to help us map McCarren Park and learn about our Mapping for Equity project as our capstone event during NYC Open Data Week 2024!

This activity will be in two parts: the first event will be learning how to collect public realm data and mapping McCarren Park outside using field papers and the second event will be learning how to input the data onto OpenStreetMap with the appropriate tags. You do not need to attend both events to participate. Join us for one or both!

First event: Field Mapping - Saturday, March 16th from 10AM - 12PM at McCarren Parkhouse (855 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11222)

Second event: Data Entry - Wednesday, March 20th from 3:30-5:30 PM at Greenpoint Library (107 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222) in EcoLab 2 on the second floor

About Mapping For Equity:

Through this series, we are making sure there is equal representation in data while quantifying and mapping our public realm. Together, we will represent community assets to better steward our neighborhoods.

This event will be delivered in English and all ages are welcome to attend (provided that anyone under 18 years old is present with a parent or guardian). For the outside portion, plan on wearing appropriate footwear and environmental attire. The Park House is wheelchair accessible. If you have any needs or accommodations, please email [log in to unmask].

We look forward to seeing you.

With gratitude,

BetaNYC team

https://beta.nyc/

Joshua S. Barnes | He/ Him

CUNY Office of Research: Research Development & Programs | Administrative Coordinator

Queens College, City University of New York | Adjunct Lecturer

205 East 42nd Street New York, NY 10017 | 11th floor
[log in to unmask] | +1(646) 644-2877

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please destroy any and all copies of the transmission and notify the sender immediately by reply email.

Access the C3LISTSERV Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the C3LISTSERV List